View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 17, 2023, 2:45 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
Your statement about the FDP project is pure speculation. What evidence do you have that the entire project was poorly "researched"? NOTHING will be better during the daylight hours with an empty stadium. That is just a fact. And if there are dollars and the will to invest tens or hundreds of millions into east market outside of the arena location then that should be done anyway. I have not heard anything from the sixers suggesting they plan to invest heavily in the surrounding area so I do not understand where all this talk of hotels and mixed used development beyond the perimeter of the arena is coming from. The sixers need NONE of that to make the team more valuable- all they need is their own arena- surrounding development is of no consequence to their overall mission.
My friend, you've made your fair share of speculative statements lately (like the post I responded to)... And a financially troubled developer began the plan as a high-end shopping destination, then shifted to outlets, then buckled down on the drying dinosaur mall concept... A strong strategy in 1985, not 2018.

I said several times now that the Sixers SHOULD develop a masterplan for the area, not plop down an arena and walk away. Market East needs a comprehensive plan that includes more than an arena, but I never suggested they are "planning" that.

This convo is exhausting... Let's agree to disagree...

Last edited by PHLtoNYC; Jan 17, 2023 at 2:55 PM.