View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 22, 2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
The true owner is Timberlane Partners (https://timberlanepartners.com/), who owns The Morton. If my sources are correct, the money behind the project is a company called Convexity out of Chicago.

I think design is well progressed, but I don't know what the street engagement will be like.
I'm excited to see what they got planned. With demolition scheduled this summer, I'm hoping that means we will get plans this Spring.

As far as The Tavernacle is concerned, I understand a lot of you may have a connection to that place. However, to be fair, the building its located in is just a little better than a strip mall. If someone tried to build that same building now in the CBD everyone here would lose their minds. I'm hoping they choose to relocate, since there will likely be spaces opening up with some of the other places that have closed in the city due to C-19.

I think it is becoming clear that buildings 4 floors and under in the Central Business District are now on genuine 'notice for redevelopment' (except a few notable historic structures). At the rate we are going, I suspect a majority will be gone within the next 15 years or so.

Last edited by Blah_Amazing; Jan 22, 2021 at 3:22 PM.