View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2021, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnelson97 View Post
I just dont see an amusement park making it out there. There have been 2 failures already and this will only be a third. The couple times I went to old park it was Empty, and I dont see enough locals going out there especially with the crime currently. As it is Blue Bayou in BR a long time established park is having issues getting employees there and have talked about not being able to open because of staffing. I don't see an amusement park in the East not having those same issues. It needs to be some sort of commerical space. The Brees plan does seem like that could go elsewhere in the city, but it's also a plan that does not require tons of visitors for it to work.
I wouldn't take goings on at Blue Bayou as proof of the industry though. The owner is notorious for being cheap, and they rarely keep employees for more than a summer because they pay as little as possible. With it being seasonal jobs, they're able to pay less than minimum wage, and they do in almost all cases. I tend to agree with you it's hard to make a great water park work here with that one so nearby, and I'm not sure an amusement park is really going to work out there, as much as I would personally love one in New Orleans. But it's probably not because of staffing issues. As long as they pay decent wages, I'm sure they could keep staff.