View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2019, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
This may already be the general consensus, but I really think this project is going to transform the whole area directly north of it (Mantua, Powelton Village).

If I had the means I'd definitely buy a house up there - the connectivity to 30th Street Station and Center City via the trolley is a huge plus.
Don't forget about Belmont! I believe that Belmont will especially be desirable due to the 10 trolley, a retail corridor that exists along Lancaster Ave, and the greater availability of vacant land, more so than Mantua or West Powelton. It'll be much easier to build new modern homes in that neighborhood!

Once uCity Square is fully realized, I think that everything up to Belmont Ave/44th Street is fair game for development. East Parkside is already showing signs of rebirth through the numerous conversions that have been occurring near Fairmount Park. The neighborhoods south of Market have been flourishing recently (I can personally attest to this as a resident of Cedar Park), but it will be super interesting to see what may happen north of Market in the coming years!

Temple University '18 ']['