View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 12:31 AM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Since this is a "Metro" thread, I'll put a little plug in for my neck of the woods. My dream of DT Mesa developing a nice collection of watering holes is becoming a reality. Cider Corp--as the name suggests, serving ciders--is expanding and adding Myke's Pizza as their food provider. They are supposed to open the expanded taproom June 14. On or around the same day a new taproom, Chupacabra is supposed to open. Those, in addition to Oro (which makes fantastic beers and is my go-to spot), Desert Eagle (the old stand-by) and Main St. Bar & Grill (formerly a pizza place) make a nice little cluster. I feel like there is an opportunity for DT Mesa to be the go-to for people in the East Valley, like myself, for whom Gilbert is too busy/family-y, Tempe is too college-y, and Scottsdale is too Scottsdale-y. Just a nice, relaxed place to get a couple beers.
I'm definitely pleased about the Cider Corps / Myke's collaboration. One thing I've thought downtown Mesa has long lacked is good pizza. My experiences with Queen's were not good, and now I believe that pizzeria has gone out of business. Having a permanent indoor location for Myke will fill the vacuum nicely. I look forward to trying it soon. I'm also excited about Worth Takeaway's expansion into a larger space.