View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2022, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKD View Post
I think you're looking into things much too extremely. Renders are used as a tool to visualize what is possible, not what is final or actually planned.

The Luxigon render with the trees is the accurate render atm because it also shows the transit elevator behind the trees that is located on the east side of the building. All variant plans of the complex also always show trees lining Greenwich St.
That's true, but it's been hard to see the smaller details because the cam showing the east and north sides of the PAC has been down since April.

Quote:
I'd also point out that the sun moves, the renders are taken from after noon when it is in the west, the east face of the building is lit up before then and receives perfect sunlight so I thought that was a strange reasoning to use as to there not being any trees in one of the renders.
Yes but the Luxigon render appeared to be in the afternoon as well, but the trees along Greenwich Street near PAC weren't absent in that render. Also when something is eventually built at the site of 2 WTC, it will be tall enough to cast a shadow to its west over the PAC in the morning, minimizing the time frame when the trees would receive perfect sunlight. Every bit of sunlight counts, since honey locust trees do not grow well under prolonged shade. Given that imo it would make sense if they scrapped plans to plant honey locust trees there and imo it's a possible reason they didn't include the trees in more recent renderings.

Quote:
The flagpole in the video is probably for show.
That would be unfortunate but not surprising given the there's already a flagpole near the 9/11 Memorial building not that far away. Additionally there's already space taken up by a rectangular garden area at the southern edge of the east plaza.

Quote:
Construction at/of 2 WTC wouldn't affect anything in the timeline or progression of this project. You can't use the situation with One WTC because there is a shared plaza between them not a street as there is with 2 WTC. The east entrance and plaza at One WTC couldn't be completed until the temporary North entrance to the VSC was removed and when it was removed, Covid stunted further progress on the plaza until a few months later in 2020.
I was thinking more that the final shape of Greenwich Street between PAC and the site of 2 WTC would not be complete until 2 WTC was built. Right now that area of Greenwich Street looks different than in the final renderings, where in the final renderings it is shown as a diagonal going directly to Silverstein Park, but right now it's a different shape.

Last edited by worldtrade2021; Nov 22, 2022 at 7:57 AM.