View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2022, 2:35 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by texboy View Post
I concur with all of this. I fly into see my family in New Braunfels/SA quite often. Previously have used ABIA as my airport of choice, but as of recent have been choosing SA. With ABIA becoming more or less a mess at the times of day I usually fly, SA is a better, more pleasant experience. Security is ALWAYS a breeze. There's plenty of food/drink options if I'm there early enough, and gates are never more than a 2 minute walk from security. I live in Denver, so I just need a good selection of departure times, which between Southwest and United, my two airlines of choice, I have usually between 6 and 8 options on any given day. And pricing has moderated over the last 4 years since I moved to Denver, so I usually never even think about looking at Austin anymore for price comparison.
Honestly I really don't get folks who choose to fly out of Austin. I did once on a London-Austin flight because the fare was too good. But for a domestic flight, a 90 minute drive is pretty unreasonable for anything but a hugely discounted fare. As usual people vastly underestimate the cost of driving, plus the intangible cost of having to deal with I35. Even if Austin had the direct flight and SAT didn't, I still would prefer to change planes in Dallas than make the drive.