View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 7, 2022, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliet_Julian View Post
Not sure if this was mentioned previously but British Airways brought back daily A380 service to O'Hare the other day! Hopefully we will see Emirates follow soon.
Once the Terminal 5 expansion completes in a few months, there will be a second A380 capable gate so it would definitely be possible for another airline to bring the A380 to ORD when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbud View Post
Other than a new Delta Club at T5, will there be other new lounges going in? I think British Airways, SAS, Swissair, KLM/Air France, and Swissport have lounges there now. I'd assume all SkyTeam airlines will now use the new Delta lounge, but I have heard nothing else in regards to new lounges in T5. Before the T5 expansion project was even a plan, one of the biggest complaints was how few lounges and space existed in T5.

If my memory serves me correct, I think the Swiss and SAS lounges are rather small. With other Star Carriers that don't have lounges at T5 (Turkish, Austrian, Ethiopian, Air New Zealand, Air India) I wonder if they can handle the traffic.

Would Emirates put a lounge in for just one flight per day? Qatar? Qater at least has two flights per day.
The thing to remember is that Oneworld and Star Alliance airlines will relocate to the Global Terminal when that completes later this decade, so those airlines would likely wait to open new lounges in the Global Terminal when it's completed.

As far as Skyteam and non-affiliated carriers go, haven't herd of any plans for new lounges aside from the new Delta Skyclub, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I could definitely see Emirates build a lounge at ORD. They have lounges at most of the US airports they serve including JFK, BOS, SFO, and LAX. Perhaps they will build one by the second A380 gate when the T5 expansion completes.

Last edited by jonesrmj; Jun 7, 2022 at 8:38 PM.