View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2013, 3:28 AM

Nice to see that access finally opening up!

So I'm seeing a bunch of news over the past couple of weeks about Block 1, the triangular block closest to AT&T Park...bounded by Third, Fourth, Channel, and Park P3 along the channel itself. It's been intended as a mixed-use hotel/residential/retail project, and it looks like things are moving forward on it.

According to an RFQ that just closed earlier this week, construction on "Phase I", which includes the residential and some retail, is scheduled to start in June 2014. Strada bought the property last May, and Arquitectonica is leading the new design.

Quote:
Block 1 is a 2.73-acre parcel located at the North end of the Mission Bay South Redevelopment Project Area. The Project is comprised of two residential buildings and a hotel. This RFQ is for the first phase of the Project, the residential portion of the Project and the podium supporting the residential and hotel phases.

The residential portion of the Project will consist of a 155-foot-tall, Type I construction, structure facing Third Street and Mission Bay Creek, with approximately 219,000 square feet of residential space (including 200 housing units) and up to 10,000 square feet of retail space, and a 65-foot-tall structure facing Channel Street and Mission Creek with approximately 145,000 square feet of residential space (including 150 housing units) and up to 12,000 square feet of retail space.

There will be combined parking in an above grade podium. The roof of the parking will form an outdoor podium space accessed from the creek and by both residential buildings.
Here's a rough render of the massing...R1 and R2 residential buildings are the two going up in Phase 1, with H hotel going up later.

Both the Block 1 broad swaths and the proposed Park P3 design from CMG were presented to the Mission Bay Citizens Advisory Committee two weeks ago.