View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
I think rds70 is my favorite member of this forum.
Me too. All rds posts are good posts. I scroll through pages of largely useless brain-wrestling (not that I haven’t been guilty of contributing to that), then out of the blue comes an rds post and my eyes light up. It’s always good useful stuff.

Regarding Golden Triangle development, it’s really starting to frustrate me that it’s all the same height. A good chunk of GT is visible from my west-facing Governor’s Park balcony - including part of that new tower on 9th and Bannock and one of its cranes. It looks like it’s topped out now and there’s not going to be another floor. So now its rooftop lines up perfectly with all its neighbors. At night I just see a vast 16ish-story wall of windows - almost like the whole neighborhood is one massive building.

That’s why I occasionally chime in: “I thought they were rezoning GT! When are they going to finish rezoning GT?!”

Not that I’m not excited for all the increased density. The west side of cap hill has some 30K+ ppsm census tracts. If GT continues to develop at its current pace, there will soon be similar density on the west side of Lincoln. That part of the Broadway/Lincoln corridor could eventually become seriously urban and be deserving of a seriously expensive transit upgrade.