View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 1:15 AM

I love WFH. For as long as I have to work a typical office job I don't ever want one where I'm required to be in even just one day a week. An option? Sure. Requirement? No. I've seen already people can be promoted, fit in culturally, and become friends outside of work all doing the job remotely. The same great ideas get sparked in meetings and the work is able to get done.

Sometimes I miss the things we used to do throughout the day. Going on random coffee runs or lunches with coworkers. When we use to walk through downtown trying to plate office chicks (other companies of course) and that's how I met my fiance actually. I agree people are social and need to be around one another, and for many going to work was their social life, or at least a big part of it. Not going into the office to talk/gossip/whatever has taken a chunk out of people's lives. But if you have a strong social life outside of work not going into the office really isn't a big deal, in my opinion.

I feel bad for transit though. I can see how maybe urban transit can still be expanded because of higher densities and more traffic movements in the cities. But these suburban commuter rail systems are going to hurt moving forward. The station I used before WFH was the norm was full 3-4/5 levels by 7am. Now it barely gets to level 3 after 9am when I pass by. It's sad in a way but part of the changes in the world.