View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
And never shoveling snow again, so from their perspective, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!
These same people must feel a surge of "victory" every time sand finds its way between their toes. I once took a short business trip to Tampa and these people in the group demanded that we take a cab just to walk on Clearwater Beach. We get over there and this lady in the group pulls out her phone to call a series of people letting them know she was "on the beach". This was before smartphones and Instagram. We walked on this beach for maybe 30 minutes. Wow. What a thrill.

Quote:
being located 200 miles south, perhaps the Cincy area doesn't breed nearly as much outright snow hatred as the great lakes region does?

I remember when there were still a lot of rear-wheel drive manual transmission cars on the road and there was no such thing as ABS or the sophisticated AWD systems that are now commonplace. Cars ran off the road all of the time.

The old boots and winter clothes absolutely sucked compared to what exists now. I remember shivering pretty much every morning while waiting for the school bus - I never shiver anymore. I remember sweating a lot inside those winter clothes but then the sweat would freeze if you stopped moving. Modern fabrics are amazing.