View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 12, 2022, 2:37 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I’m a life-long New Yorker, and I don’t consider 10th Ave and 40th St to be Midtown. It’s Hell’s Kitchen.

I agree with your point. Excellent, as always, my good man!
You are the man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I'm hoping we see a boom on the level of the last where both HY Phase II, PA Terminal, Penn District and Midtown East go rampant.

I feel at this moment we are seeing the very tail end of the last boom, with many projects at the stages of being complete or have recently been complete but I'm not really seeing that spike, at least based on some of the permits being issued. It has slowed down but let's hope we get a Bloomberg style boom in the works within the next 2-3 years.

Not to say things aren't occurring but it's not that warp speed like in the past where the whole city was "literally" littered in cranes. I hope 2023 kicks it up a notch!
Do not forget about Downtown. That is where it all started, after all. Magical buildings like King Woolworth, 70 Pine, 40 Wall, Equitable, and 14 Wall still stand proudly.

45 Broad, 80 South, and there are a few more dev sites down there. 111 Washington comes to mind.

I am betting we see more towers similar to 130 William and 8 Spruce Street. It is becoming a pretty solid place to live and invest, given its excellent transport to Brooklyn in particular. Brooklyn is where all the "cool kids" hang out.

And of course the WTC needs to be completed, which it will be, in time.