View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 11:29 PM
somewhere in-between

With comments taken into account, we might end up with something more like this, then -

Ann Arbor and the Saginaw Bay threads become much more regional in nature. Flint & Lansing, to a lesser degree, also become more regional. One new thread gets created for all of Northern Michigan.

I added to the map the principal municipalities that currently make up the existing threads. In most cases, these are included within (and anchor) the greater regional threads. The two obvious, main exceptions being the two largest cities - Detroit and Grand Rapids, which retain their own, dedicated threads. Obviously, much of the map coverage is very rural and there would not be regular updates there. But this in theory covers everything, with the creation of one new thread, for a total of ten across the state.

Again, this is all just thoughts. I'm not trying to over-control things, and I appreciate everyone's input. If I find the motivation, I might try and launch the Northern Michigan thread eventually, as a start.