View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
I still believe placing a Metrorail along Coral Way is still a possibility because all you have to do is use the median and place stations along the following streets:

- Le Jeune Rd (Coral Gables)
- Douglas Rd
- SW 32nd Ave
- SW 27th Ave
- SW 22nd Ave
- SW 17th Ave
- SW 12th Ave / SW 3rd Ave

I understand the demolition concerns but I'm pretty sure if a line was placed along Coral Way, it would probably be a few houses and the area along Coral Way would have to be forced to support TODs (transit oriented development), and as for the line, I'd place it along I-95 and have it go all the way to Gov't Center, then possibly to points as far as Miami Beach and Aventura.
It's never going to happen.

The median is only 6-10 ft wide. Constructing the metrorail along this route would require the permanent reduction of two traffic lanes and the complete obliteration of over 2 miles of hundred-plus year old banyan and ficus trees in Miami proper.

And Coral Gables would NEVER permit the metrorail going right through the middle and for the full length of its downtown business district, Miracle Mile (between Douglas and LeJeune).

You literally cannot even paint your house, unless it is an approved color by the city of Coral Gables.