View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 8:17 PM

I had pictured the tower at the west end against Columbus instead of against the park, but this does make sense. From Aqua, it only blocks views of 340 OTP, and leaves the view corridor down Columbus to Grant Park open. It's shorter than both 340 and BCBS, so won't block the expensive Aqua units that see over them. I have a friend who lives in Aqua and I don't think she'll mind this. She looked worried when I showed her the Gang proposal.

As for the design, it looks like the little brother of BCBS, with the two part design and open columns at the transition.
And from the render the base at park level looks to go right to the edge of the sidewalk. Should cover that wall TUP is talking about.

The only thing that I don't like is that they've made the area at the south edge of Aqua into an active driveway for the hotel. Whereas now it just sees some delivery trucks, that's going to have a lot more traffic now coming and going. I guess a hotel kinda needs auto access from upper Columbus, but that's a shame.

Last edited by aaron38; Oct 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM.