View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2020, 5:46 PM

Why did that barbaric wild animal market have to exist? Like really, nobody needs to be eating bats and snakes. Maybe this could've been avoided if there had been more stringent hygiene standards in that market.

Anyway, I live in Koreatown in Los Angeles and I've noticed the restaurants definitely seem a lot more quiet. Unfortunately some false rumors were spreading about various Asian-descent owners being infected with Coronavirus while operating their restaurants, and their businesses have tanked the last few weeks--there have been plenty of articles in LA media citing this. I can't imagine how hard that is. Asian people definitely being stigmatized sadly. I also ride public transit daily and I'd say maybe 10%-15% of people are wearing masks. Can't say I'm thrilled to be packed like sardines on a bus, but I douse my hands with Purrell the minute I get off.

I'm really thankful I have no international trips planned anytime soon, and I'm definitely avoiding conferences, major events, really any major gatherings of people. Of course, it's probably a fruitless effort given that we have no choice but to interact with hundreds of people in any given day, but it gives me some fake sense of security I guess.

I really hope this comes to an end soon, but unfortunately like people say I think it's 100x more widespread than anyone can comprehend. I'm really dreading the next few months and how severe this is going to end up looking.

I personally have stopped drinking and vaping for the time being, to keep my immune system as strong as possible.