View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2020, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
You will soon be able to get them tested if they still want to be. The PCR test they will be able to get, though, will reveal current infection only, not past infection (you need a serology test which is under development but not yet ready for that). In fact, that's how they are determining now if people are safe to leave quarantine: A series of negative tests.

If she thought she had coronavirus, I hope she self-quarantined for 14 days. If she didn't, I hope she didn't really think she had "it" because she would have been exposing others as would anybody today who suspects they have coronavirus. And yes, the coronavirus illness apparently does last quite a while--typically 10-14 days (based on what Chinese patients are describing)--so if she was sick for only a couple of days that makes it very unlikely she had "it".
She was sick for about two weeks, she actually didn’t work the entire month of February. She had the worst cough I ever heard, it was non stop for hours. She never had a fever, and had back pain, and bad headaches. Not that this is fact or where she picked up what ever virus she had, we did visit The Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens in San Marino early February. There were many Chinese tourists, at least 50% of the visitors was of Chinese decent.