View Single Post
Old Posted May 24, 2019, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
Also, Joe Maddon's restaurant, called Maddon's Post, is open. Pizza, pasta, and pierogies
I wonder what happens if he's not back for 2020.

I was at Wrigley a few weeks ago for the first time in over a year. I missed a home game last season for the first time since probably 1993 or so.

I'm on board with most of the renovations, but some of it disappointed me. There are so many areas now to be in Wrigley Field that don't involve actually watching the game. I guess that's progress, but lot's of empty seats these days even at "full house" games.

I was sad to see the standing room areas behind the 200 level largely decimated. I spent most of my youth (the good years at least with Sammy) standing back there for a few bucks. The best seats in the park (Upper deck behind home plate) is now a private club. Bummer.

But the exterior of the ballpark is really stunning. Transforming the old Yum Yum lot into Gallagher Way is really nice. Too bad the skyline views have been blocked by the Addison/Clark development.

But the team is awesome and Wrigley Field looks like it has at least another 100 years in it.