View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbana View Post
Can someone help me understand the status of both this and Schuylkill Yards. At first I thought they were both just visions, but it seems like people are taking them more seriously than that. I am just trying to get the full scope here so I know how excited to be.
I wouldn't call them visions... more like "long term development plans." Essentially, both developments will happen in some way, shape, or form, but the heights and designs may change or vary.

Basically, Schuylkill Yards is a long-term development between Brandywine and Drexel which will take place over the next 20 years.

The 30th Street Station District is a plan between Amtrak, Brandywine, Drexel, and multiple other large players and will be developed over the next 35 years.

So yes, each plan will happen in some way, shape or form - which is why everybody is excited about the plans. However, each project will be long term.

I mean, they spent several million dollars on just the planning for this development - so they better be serious.