View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 6:39 AM

Eliot Park Hotel? My the changes to my old neighborhood. I had a condo-loft at the intersection of 10th St. and Chicago Avenue, an old 1890's building on the historic register, townhouses converted to condo-lofts. Being its on the historic register I'm sure the building is still there.

One big negative to be living there from 1988-1993 is that there were few if any urban conveniences, not even a grocery store then in downtown Minneapolis so I still needed a car to go to Cub's on Lake Street! but yes, I could easily walk the few blocks to the Metrodome.

I'm now living in Tucson in a mobile home co-op and I have more urban conveniences here than I ever had in downtown Minneapolis, 2 blocks to a big Fry's Grocery Store, one block to Trader Joe's, walking distance to 10 restaurants and an 11-screen movie house, plus lots of other shopping venues and? I'm far from downtown Tucson! There's also a bus stop in front of the community and another 2 blocks away. Don't even need a car here!

I also used to live around Loring Park in the very early 70's. That glass tower they built on LaSalle looks like it needs a companion tower!