View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2021, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I have no idea how you could consider the South Loop underserved. The article made it seem like Dunn was talking about grocery stores, which is laughably untrue with a Marianos, TJs, Jewel and Target plus another Jewel across the river.

Its possible that Dunn was talking about entertainment, there does seem to be a relative scarcity of bars and restaurants in the South Loop. But I think that’s how the residents like it. I guess from the standpoint of “stadium adjacent development” it isn’t ideal.
Yeah it's definitely not even close to underserved LOL. We just moved here not long ago and I've been impressed by how much has been added to some areas here in the last 5 years since we'd moved away from Chicago. It's not like everywhere is optimal - our nearest grocery store is a half mile away but we do have smaller markets nearby which fill some of the need. This isn't any different though than most places in the entire world. It's still more convenient than where we lived in Upper West Side in Manhattan actually (so was when I lived in Gold Coast).