View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2009, 4:27 AM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfChicago View Post
I don't think so. I read all that as well trying to figure out the final sketches of the area and what was going to be the finished product.

If you walk down Grand in front of Rock Bottom and look where the entrance use to be, you'll see absolutely no clue that there has ever been an entrance on that spot - at all.

It's all brand new nicely finished concrete, completely reconstructed street, curb, gutters and sidewalk. This is a finished product, not temporary.

Across the street on the East side you also have this brand new concete and reconstruction - but you'll find a subway entrance has been built into the sidewalk as well.
That's true, but on the east side, the street is wider. If the sidewalk on the southwest side maintained an entrance at this point, Grand might be down to 1 lane. I think it's possible that they will keep that entrance there once they're done with the northwest side.

We should all email feedback@transitchicago.com and ask them/tell them we want the SW entrance to remain. And maybe also email Ald. Reilly