View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 20, 2013, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSFHQ View Post
You get a lot more in the suburbs than you do in Philadelphia. Imagine paying Radnor property taxes and having the schools you have in Philly? Also, Philadelphia hasn't exactly seen a population boom. Yes, more people are moving to the city, but Philadelphia has a relatively bad rap to outsiders.

The lower property tax also ignores the fact that you get nailed for 4% just by living in the city.

I don't see much hard fact refuting. Only other side talking points. IMO, anything that entices developers to build in Philly is a good thing. This city needs continual gentrification to truly entice people. I live in the nice part of the city and it can turn into a dump real fast. Even if removing the abatement would only SLIGHTLY slow down development that is far too much.

I just can't see any good reason to remove it. If Philly wants more tax revenue they should go after the delinquent properties they already have. That or provide a pro business/pro development environment to entice more businesses and professionals to live in the city, thereby feeding the coffers though wage tax (another abomination) and sales tax.
Haha! Wrong! Philadelphia grew by nearly 100,000 people over the last 7 years. Do you know how rare that is for a non-sunbelt city to do that?!?

You are coming out over the last day with some negative things against the city. Like saying in another thread the city isn't worth paying an extra 4% for, then why are you posting here and living there? Also saying things like "a bad rap to outsiders" and "nice part" of the city? Give me a break!