View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty Joe View Post
Thanks rgarri - the height bump on the northern tower is fairly significant and helps break up the cluster. If only 'The Porch' tripled its height and added setbacks ('The Porches??')...

They've already lost the western views from the outdoor area, and with increased demand for individual outdoor space, I'm sure the extra terraces (with actual skyline views) would be scooped up.
Yeah I can't stand this space. I was so excited when they shut the BP and started demolition only to be totally crushed when they were just building a newer BP lol. The McDonalds wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a full 1 acre parking lot next door. Rainforest Cafe recently closed and I think Conlon is shopping this around for something possibly a residential tower IIRC so that could be the start of some redevelopment here. I could see Hard Rock going eventually too. But the McDonalds/Portillos/BP triumvirate will be hard to break. Same with Ohio House.

I had the same fantasy if the McDonald's block became a huge public park or something and everything go built up around it that would be super amazing although I have 0 idea how that could even happen.