View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2006, 12:19 AM
South Side Black Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_b
Hmm, some interesting discussion on this page.

My personal view, after thinking about it a bit, is that the circle line would be a nice addition, to a degree.

I've lived on the northside, in the NW burbs, and now in the West Loop.

On the northside, the best option the CTA has in terms of gaining riders, is to extend the Brown Line from Kimball to the Blue at Jefferson Park. It would pay itself off just in the Cubs traffic from the NW burbs alone. I knew a lot of people that would drive in for games and were longing for an easier way. The Park and Ride at Cumberland and then a bus connection at Irving Park just doesn't cut it for these people. An L transfer would do it.

The added benefit is easier access to O'Hare for northside residents.
I can see that being quite popular. They're only, like a mile apart. Would help encourage more train use and ameliorate the parking and traffic controversies in Wrigleyville. I don't generally hear good things about how the Cubbies are running that shuttle from DeVry. And as far as the CTA is concerned, as you state the Park and Ride is way out at Cumberland, and I'm sure the Addison bus connection is a pain in the arse.

What you state is further north than the proposal on the site rgolch referred to. They instead call for putting a new ring line going south from there in Albany Park. But, what's wrong with adding a short due-west stretch? And shit, who wouldn't wanna get to the airport easier via L?

Last edited by chitowngza; Apr 29, 2006 at 1:20 AM.