View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 7, 2011, 3:38 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrennanW View Post
I've run into problems trying to photograph Metra before. I was approached by multiple security guards last Spring taking pictures at Van Buren station. They really started to resent me when I came back the next day with my camera.

Such a shame. Van Buren is such a beautiful station.
That's surprising. One morning in 2008, ahead of rush hour, I was hanging around the Van Buren platform taking photos of arriving and departing trains. The station manager came out and chatted a bit to see what I was up to, and then introduced me to the security officer just in case a passenger reported suspicious activity later on. Then, he gave me a map of downtown and marked some other good spots for railroad photography. I've been all over Randolph/South Water Street/Millennium Park Station and 55-56-57th Street with my camera many times over the past ten or twelve years and have only been questioned one other time and never prohibited from taking photos.

Click the photo to see the rest of the photo set.

Better than ever and always growing: [url=http://www.robertpence.com][b]My Photography Web Site[/b][/url]

Last edited by Robert Pence; Oct 7, 2011 at 3:53 PM.