View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 2:00 AM
Old Fart Forumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja vu View Post
Nice little rundown. Does the author have a background in engineering or architecture? Kinda sounds like it, with the information about the foundations, geotech reports, soil borings, timber lagging, etc - you don't usually see that language in a project rundown like this.

I like this sentence from near the start of the article:

I'm a little jealous of Ithaca - a city with less than half the population of my hometown, but with a skyline that feels twice as big. Be proud!

Funny you should ask about the author. I met him through SSP (his name is Visiteur) when he was attending Cornell and visited this site. We met up when I went back to Ithaca for a visit. He's a great guy, and actually works as a meteorologist in Upstate New York. His blog (Ithacating in Cornell Heights) is one of my must views, and he also writes development articles for the Ithaca Voice. He's a bright guy who has an attachment for the city and seems to love the area as much as I do.

Gotta say Ithaca's recent building boom over the last 15 years has made my boyhood dreams come true.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Last edited by Ex-Ithacan; Oct 26, 2017 at 12:21 PM.