View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2012, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
Is the UES more "old money"? And by "these luxury apartments and condos" I didn't mean just this building, but One57, and all of the others that have and are springing up.
The UES is a residential neighborhood; W. 57 is the middle of Midtown and more mixed-use.

UES is the traditional wealth center in NYC.

And there are plenty of luxury condos being built on the UES. Probably more than Midtown. For whatever reason, I don't think we have SSP construction pages, but there's quite a few, especially in the eastern half (Third Ave. and points east).

One example is 127 E. 79, being built by Brodsky Organization, which will be one of the most expensive buildings ever built in NYC. Another is 200 E. 79, which is being built by Skyline Developers, and will also be very high-end. But there's many others.

If you're asking "what's the difference" between a buyer at one of those two E. 79th Street towers and the new towers going up on 57th Street, I would say that (very generally speaking) the E. 79th buildings will target very wealthy families with children (so big, family sized units) and 57th Street will target more internationals.