View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 8:35 PM

I'm still looking over the paperwork but just off of memory I'll say this; for a few years now I've expected development to move closer to 38th Street so this will be significant; this building will have a massive effect on Philadelphia's skyline over all.

If one is downtown and looking west you will see a canyon effect. If one is outside of the Metropolitan Center in West Philadelphia looking towards downtown this tower will look much taller than it actually is because of the lay of the land; especially if one is at 44th Street in the Mill Creek Valley.

If one is approaching Philadelphia from the south either on I-95 or I-76 from the Walt Whitman Bridge; it expands the skyline substantially to 38th Street. Most building in downtown Philadelphia are between 50-75 feet above sea level however this building will sit around 131 so it will appear a great deal high and impact the skyline more. If we approach the city from the north this tower will really impact the skyline from the Museum of Art along with the Children's Hospital New Patients Tower and 3025 JFK Blvd.

We are most fortunate, University City is developing a skyline that many cities in general either have or are just beginning to obtain and while I do not really indulge in city to city conversation because the full character of a city can't be measured in pure real estate development we are seeing University City develop as downtown Baltimore has. I contemplate this tower and other projects in scale with the larger skyline of downtown Philadelphia in total.

As details and more design features come out on this tower it'll be a joy to see.