View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 7:11 PM

As to the height, I know what you mean, and usually I’d agree. But I’ve been in one of those full-floor apartments pretty high up and found it incredible. Views straight down lakeshore drive, west down the river, north above everything except the hancock building. Just every view was amazing. Without kids, I could totally see the attraction (though it would be a pretty big place for just a couple, even if you hate each other).

Waiting for the elevator to leave from that high up, on the other hand, and then walking out the door dumped on the tail end of wacker, was less great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSW2492 View Post
in my mind it's at least partially due to a lack of desire of living that high up. 1000+ feet up feels disconnected from the city, and the height really messes with the scale of things, it makes the entire city seem so much smaller, and with this building, you'll have to be within 6 feet of the window to even really see much of the city if you're on one of the top 20 floors. I'd much rather live at around 5-600' in Chicago than at 1300', maybe I'm crazy.

As much as I love this design and hope it gets built, I really wonder how much interest they'll get from people that want to live so far above the city. I'm sure there will be some, but enough to really warrant building that high? I'm not so sure.