View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 4:55 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
How do we know the tower proposal was turned down? By the Historic commission? Hard to believe. I just assumed the owner went with a less expensive direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
Yes, I'm re-reading through the comments but don't see a reason for change in course. Although given the address - a bit north of Temple's campus - City Wide's assessment seems very plausible.

I agree with others, it's a very nice design and, with the right materials, would fit well into our city's most desirable neighborhoods.
Quoting from the PDF:

The Architectural Committee reviewed an earlier application for 2321 N. Broad Street at the 23 October 2018 meeting. The proposal at that time was for a single, nine-story building with 120 apartments. The Committee voted to recommend denial, pursuant to Standards 2, 9 and 10. At the October meeting, Committee members inquired if the owner and architect had explored options for a more modestly sized building on the site. The applicant withdrew their applicant prior to the Historical Commission meeting.