View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 2:17 PM

Thanks for the shots, timbad...looking great! Some thoughts:

- CVRB is looking terrific so far. Very impressed with it.

- South Street garage: My understanding was that garages need to have 50% of their exterior surface area open to the outside in order for them to be "open air" and not require mechanical ventilation. Doesn't look like this one is open air, which means added expense and more environmental impact. I'm surprised if that's the case. Or maybe it needed to be mechanically ventilated anyway since the entire long west side is going to be a solid wall up against building, so it didn't really matter what they did with the rest of it. I like the look though.

- North of South Street Garage: My recollection is that this is supposed to be a pedestrian plaza, but almost certainly will also have to provide a fire lane. Can't tell what they're doing right now though.

- Behind Pfizer: Yes, this is supposed to be a public plaza in that corner. I don't recall having ever seen a specific landscape plan for it though.

- Area between Gladstone and 1500: This is 1600 Owens. The piles for it were drilled along with the garage there, but I haven't heard anything about plans for starting full construction.