View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
There are big parks and little parks. Playgrounds belong in the little neighborhood parks, where the kids actually live. LSE park just to the north has a playground. Why does Grant Park need one?
A field house is a building and belongs on an urban city block, not in a park. Climbing walls should be run by private businesses and also be inside buildings so they can be used everyday. You think anyone will be climbing on a week like this with -30 windchill?
Millienium Park already has a skating rink, right up against Michigan Ave where a busy urbanized plaza is at least appropriate. Why does a park need two?

Big cities need big wide open free form spaces. When those spaces are developed, structured, compartamentalized, there's no going back. People need to have real respect for open space.
No mention of the attractions in Millenium? Meanwhile, Mr. D. and all, just because there was parking in the Park before hand, doesn't mean it wasn't a park. (I'm sure I can dig up a few dozen maps that identify all of that area as "Grant Park", Mr. Maps)

Grant Park is both a park for the entire city AND a neighborhood park.

And, to be absolutely clear, I've yet to hear any direct criticism of Millenium Park for all its buildings and attractions. Maybe your ideological objections to "BUILDINGS IN OUR PARKS!!!" can not stand up to the success of that particular park?

Last edited by pilsenarch; Jan 10, 2015 at 2:33 PM.