View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2008, 3:27 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark View Post
Damn, another case of an awesome rendering but a booooooring end result. (based on that peek of the skin) I was hoping for something like a baby Infinity.
I don't know if anyone remembers, but the Argenta had a very unique rendering at first that was then toned down to the one BT used above.

When scanning downtown from my place last week, I saw that the burkha was beginning to be removed. Binoculars and then a telescope definitely brought up one of those "tell me it isn't so" moments that BT has now confirmed. This one is practically criminal--it's completely different and mediocre. Not only is it a boring building, it's in between two ugly ones and very close to our imposing City Hall. One would think that our city would respect itself more and not allow this to happen both in that spot and yet again anywhere. Have they not learned anything since Fox Plaza replaced a building estimated to cost hundreds of millions if it were to be rebuilt today? Can developers not be held responsible for these bait and switch tactics that are becoming more common?