View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2019, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
Not a huge shock, considering that most people have moved from buying music on CDs (uncompressed digital audio) to MP3s and streaming (highly-compressed lossy audio), e.g. Convenience tends to trump quality for most people.
Most people also don't listen to lossless recordings in a perfect acoustic environment, they use their car stereo or small earbuds. There is no reason to own lossless music unless you have a specific need for it. Also, research has shown that the quality of music (specifically dynamic range) has improved with music streaming becoming the most popular form of distribution. I though that was interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
Tim's is fast, convenient, cheap enough, and good enough. That's why people buy it. Those that care for something higher-end buy something higher-end.
People also have different tastes. You could tell me that a certain cigar is the best in the world, but I'd counter that it tastes horrible because they all do (in my opinion). Wine is a good example, where quality has almost no correlation to price when blind taste tests are carried out.