View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
I still can't imagine what's going in here. This looks like a suburb in Tulsa. The sidewalks look inexplicably narrow and suburban - like the width of what you'd find in a mcmansion development. What's the deal with that? Will they widen them when the buildings start going in?

It just looks like way too much open space to develop in a weird, not super desirable location. Who wants to be the first tenant in this brownfield? Like, SYards i can visualize - there's an actual there there - in terms of location, density, TOD, and land-use. This feels like, "Hi, I'm in Delaware."

Am I crazy - or will this fill in super quickly?
I think this is a very dense location and highly sought after based on all the development that's happening on Chestnut/Market. I think the photographer was in one of the several new high-rises that boarder the plot. Also penn Presbyterian is across the street. If the photo was in the other direction, you'd be able to feel it more. Google street view is from last November, and if I'm not mistaken there has been a little more development since then:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9594...!5m1!1e2?hl=en