View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2021, 5:43 PM
Pay it Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Is this just a ranking of household income or home prices? Cupertino isn't "elite". Just because the home prices are outrageously high doesn't mean that global elites are itching to live in modest 1950's ranches in Cupertino.
Cupertino might not be 'elite' in terms of mansions and billionaires, but the point I think is quality of life across the board, and Id venture to say that Cupertino is more uniformly affluent and well rounded as far as QOL for more residents than Beverly Hills is. And it's not just Cupertino by itself, it's Cupertino, Saratoga and Los Gatos, which as a trio, is a very nice area overall.

So they designated Cupertino, Los Gatos and Saratoga as a single are for the purposes of their data gathering, and they also combined Beverly Hills and West Hollywood.

2019 Population
Cupertino, CA 59,276
West Hollywood 36,475
Beverly Hills, CA 33,792
Los Gatos, CA 30,222
Saratoga, CA 30,153

Median Household Income, 2014-2019
Saratoga, CA $191,677
Cupertino, CA $171,197
Los Gatos $155,863

Beverly Hills, CA $106,936
West Hollywood, CA $74,044

Cupertino is larger and wealthier on average than Beverly Hills, but this is just one criteria out of many that was considered.
Quote:
And then Beverly Hills is more on the level of Long Beach? This is just a weird ranking.
Well, the summary says that the report " uses the human development approach to tell us how people are doing. Three dimensions—a long and healthy life, access to knowledge, and a decent standard of living.

Long Beach(East) could be Belmont Shore, Naples Island, that area around CSULB, maybe Seal Beach, keep in mind these areas all score in 'elite' as far as the criteria so it's not like Beverly Hills did poorly, no it did very well--

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."-Robert Frost