Thread: PhoenixMart
View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 21, 2014, 1:01 AM

OK - not sure who is still reading this thread - but I have a question for those more "expert" than I on the processes of a project like this one...

Phoenixmart has a couple of items coming up before various city boards/commissions in the next couple of weeks.

The first is pretty straightforward - they are looking for a temporary use permit to install their "logo" sculpture at the entryway they are working on now - this just goes along with the earlier temporary "at risk" work permit that was approved earlier for the entire entryway monument work. This logo is 14' in diameter!!

Then the other item is they are going before the Planning & Zoning commission for approval of their "Preliminary Plat" - breaking up the phase one of the project into 3 lots...unfortunately the city staff reports are not online yet so I cannot read the details of this presentation to the commission yet.....

SO, my question to you all is - exactly what presenting the preliminary plat mean? I know what it IS, and in this case my guess is since Phase I of the project is the building itself, the hotel associated, and the condo/apartment projects as the final piece of the initial phase, that the three lots represent each of these buildings. Again, this is just a guess on my part....

What I'm wondering is how close does this mean they are to actually getting going either horizontally or vertically? Is this still a very early piece of the puzzle and it will be months and months before an actual final construction document will be presented, or is this typically a final piece and we can hope actual permits will be issued soon?

I understand that either way things can obviously happen to stall things out....but IN GENERAL is this a good sign that things are moving along at a decent pace?

Thanks...