View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2019, 4:41 PM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I have no hate for the 80s!

The only problem is that tastes change. Much in the same way that the drab 50s and 60s cafeteria-style places gave way to mall food courts, things have evolved again since the 80s.

The Hargrave Street Market is designed to reflect newer trends in food and dining. Contrast that with the Cityplace, Portage Place and Winnipeg Square food courts which are still very much 1980s-style places. I get that they're still busy, but mainly to captive customers who don't have many other options.

Something like Hargrave Street Market will probably hold a lot of appeal to younger people... they will want to go there, instead of just settling for it. So it's smart business for True North.
If it’s like the one in Toronto it will be very pricey. I went there once but it’s kind of expensive and takes too long to be an everyday thing. While it’s really nice, I really don’t need gourmet food at lunch on a weekday. However, I have noticed that our own building’s food court has recently got some much more upscale tenants in (a big seafood place, an Australian meat pie place and some others that seem aimed at a more hipsterish crowd). That is probably in response to the opening of the fancy place.