Thread: 100 Strangers
View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 15, 2011, 5:36 PM
3rd Coast King

Diem - 100 Strangers: 2/100 by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

I had been neglecting this project somewhat for a few weeks because I just hadn't gone out anywhere. But some friends had invited me out to have dinner and I thought it would be a good chance to get back in the spirit of the 100 strangers project.

This beautiful young lady here is named Diem.

My two friends and I were contemplating going to the Yard House in City Centre but it was super packed so we decided to try this Asian restaurant named Straits that was next door and a little less busy.

Diem was working the front counter at the restaurant. So as we are waiting for a table to be cleared I decided to ask if she would like to be part of my project. At first she blushed just a bit and giggled a little. I could tell she was a bit surprised but she agreed to participate and started to try to fix her hair. i told her her hair looked fine and to just relax.

After I took Diem's picture we talked for a minute. i asked about her job and she said it was just a job for now and that she is currently attending Houston Community College located right down the road. She said she would like to be a dental hygienist because dentist have good hours and the people are less trouble then doing something like nursing.

Right about this time another hostess came by and told me our table was ready (which my friends were already seated at) and that was the end of our conversation.

In parting I would like to add that the food was amazing!

This picture was taken using my Sony A200 and my Minolta 50mm f1.7.

This picture is 2 in my 100 strangers project. Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers at the 100 Strangers Flickr Group page

My Book