View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
^^^^^

Folks think the apocalypse is coming. Literally spending hundreds of dollars on stuff that they are not going to use. Sanitizer for months, toilet paper, canned foods, and tons of water. Costco is limiting the amount of water folks can buy.

And cough syrup, thats another item that's being hoarded. And not just for recreational purposes, but folks are literally buying it in preparation for the Apocalypse. I was at Shoprite on Saturday and there was this lady with 5... I repeat 5 Robitussin.

But yeah with the toilet paper, I don't get it either. Maybe if this was a virus that had the side effect of uncontrollable explosions, I get it, but than we'd be talking about a diaper shortage. Well, let me not jinx it.
Why are they buying water? It's not nuclear war or a hurricane. The taps aren't going to run dry or the local water supply contaminated.

The toilet paper I understand. They think the time is coming when they won't want to go to Walmart or CostCo to buy it and I agree. I used my hand santizer immediately after leaving the store the other day myself.