View Single Post
Old Posted May 30, 2022, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
How would Loney be transformational? I know nothing about what he stands for. I’ve heard he thinks social enterprise can solve everything but I’ll admit that I don’t really know what social enterprise is. What has he done that would make you believe he would be a knowledgeable city-builder?
I don't know if the mayor position is "city-builder." It's a political job. It's a job to enact/enable policies that allow city-building in a sustainable way.

I know Loney and have had the chance to work with his group in building some work experience for young people who otherwise would have really struggled to get a shot at any employment.

He's an extremely pragmatic person which is what I believe a non-partisan mayor needs to be. It's a real understand the problem, build solutions to problem kind of approach. Having that kind of leadership and compromise in that chair would be transformational. Really the leadership style is what I'm talking about as transformational. Now how does that specifically tackle a multitude of policy issues I can't say. I hope he'll put out some strong policy statements soon.

I'll say I'd had similar hope with Bowman (without knowing him before he ran) but have realized over time that he really doesn't have the leadership skills to navigate council or take a strong position.