View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I assume they chose this time of year, largely bc no one in U.S. would watch it in the Fall? Football season.

Do people still care about the Olympics? It seemed like a huge deal when I was a kid, and now seems to have dropped off the radar.
I've heard from watching a vlogger who is American who has lived in Japan for over 20 years now that is exactly why it is being held now, he too said October would have been a better option but the USA sports leagues were dead set against that happening.

i've not really watched much of them in the last few held, I saw absolutley nothing from the Brazil games, I saw the opening of the London games and a couple events. Because of the time zone difference I have not seen anything live from Tokyo but have watched lots of full length highlights on youtube, I am still trying to find time to watch the opening ceremony.

I have also noticed compared to when I was a kid, 70/80s that Team Canada does so much better now, we actually have quite a few medals already Wtching while growing up it was really a poor showing but the government decided to invest in amateur sports and the olympic athletes in the last 20 or so years and the results are proving to have worked.

I when I have the time like to watch whats on on TV olympic wise, but I don't really watch TV, we put it on at work and I sneak a look when I can. Not many others seem to be interested or care that its happening.