View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2022, 2:39 AM
Fourth and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
You guys don't have this cylindrical scarf-replacement thingy that's super useful and that everyone (in Quebec at least) has as standard winter equipment?

Not sure how it's called in English. ("Neck-hider" in French.)

Lately, every time I've walked to a store, I keep my "hat" (that's the right word for a tuque?) and I just keep that cylindrical-scarf thing as a "mask", and so far all employees everywhere have accepted to consider it a mask.

(Too annoying to get the mask's handles behind the ears when you're already dressed with tuque and neck-hider over it!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
These things:
https://www.buff.com/

They’re Spanish apparently, but I’ve got a couple from Austria where everyone wears them skiing. But the point is they’re good in hot and cold, as a neck warmer, headband, sun protection, etc.
In the Southeast United States, we call these gaiters. Some places won't accept them as meeting their masking requirements. It's not really an issue in most of the southeast, where masking isn't required or enforced, unless you enter a city. Here in suburban Atlanta, it's rare to need a mask, but you will need one if you go into the city of Atlanta.