View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 4:40 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
If you check out further renderings on Crains website, there indeed are stairs and an elevator on the north side of the station, so I'm pretty sure there is direct entry to the westbound platform.
No, it appears there is not an entrance on the north side of Damen. Floorplans on page 4.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3835...ion#from_embed

There are, however, two sets of exit-only stairs at the east and west ends of both platforms. Seems like a pretty big disservice to riders coming from the west. Hopefully one or both of the exit-only stairs can have rotogates added so (able-bodied) passengers heading west can directly access their platform.

Also surprised to see no retail space given the land CTA has to work with. I know CTA has issues leasing those spaces out sometimes, but usually they're pretty terrible, tiny spaces that are invisible except to train commuters. When they are well-designed with visibility from the street, they seem to do pretty well... 'L' Cafecito at the Damen Pink Line stop is my go-to for coffee, even when I'm not getting on a train. Several stops have successful Dunkin Donuts franchises. Seems like here CTA could have a pretty successful cafe space with the option for plaza seating...