View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 5:43 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post

The 2000 ft (610 m) Chicago Spire would look great in NYC! Keep the exact same design to save some money, but change the name to New York Spire!
Yeah... it would of been a great Hudson Yards signature tower. Like in an alternative universe, I would of moved the Vessel to Phase II, closest to the Hudson River, and place the Spire where the Vessel currently sits. The Vessel aka the Staircase being the ornament for the complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
Wow, beating the Central Park Tower by 1 foot? This may force Extell to bring back the spire! In this case I hope it won't reach 1775 ft as originally proposed, but at least 1777 ft so that 1WTC will no longer be the tallest. In general I despise disproportionately tall spires but having a 230 ft spire on the 1550 ft CPT is much more reasonable than having a 408 ft spire on the 1368 ft 1WTC.
With CPT, it really adds to the design. The renderings with the spire add so much to it. Not even for height, but the spire would do wonders for the aesthetics, which IMO, override height. A tower is nothing without aesthetics.