View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
The CAA proposal looks awesome.

Quick question for those more familiar with the area. What is it about Century City that makes office space there more desirable than building such an office building in DTLA? Century City seems to have a very... vertical office park feel to it. Wouldn't a tower like this be more appropriate in a more urban, walkable environment, especially considering the ever growing residential population in DTLA?
From what I know is that it is:
-Close to fancy neighborhoods (Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Westwood, Century City itself) where CEOs + execs actually want to live (I'm sure a ton of mid level staff live in DTLA, but I'm now sure how many execs choose that over a mansion). DTLA isn't really surrounded by the tops of neighborhoods business leaders tend to prefer (maybe a Silver Lake, but that is probably more creative types).
-Sterility= the idea safety. Each of the skyscraper are their own manicured compounds and while there are some nice open spaces in Century City they are meant more for office workers vs. DTLA where parks are meant for community at large
-Westside. Close (ish) to the beach with beach views from the towers. I imagine this doesn't hurt when trying to recruit talent to Los Angeles.

As a DTLA resident, I'm hopefully that DTLA continues to become more appealing as the young, professional and hopefully even the executive population continues to grow.