View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 11:46 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossabreezes View Post
And your point is? I'm not allowed to point out the sprawling nature of Sacramento because I live in another sprawling city? I didn't personally plan either one of these places, but I have every right to point out their flaws.

Sacramento is committing the same exact mistakes that LA committed 60,70 years ago right now. It is sprawling outward and not making a real effort to consolidate urbanistically. In a state with a housing crisis, I damn well think that needs to be pointed out and maybe even critiqued. If Sac continues its growth the way it's doing it now, I give it 10 years until it is prohibitively expensive and no longer looked at as an alternative to expensive coastal cities.

If I'm not allowed to point that out on an Urban advocacy forum, I guess the boosterism is more important than accepting reality for what it is.
That is fine, but you were making stuff up for whatever reason, so don't do that and you aren't allowed to make untrue statements about the city. Apologize for saying Sac isn't diverse, especially when it's one of the most diverse cities in the country.
Parts of Sac are sprawl (Natomas is the worst offender) and parts are urban. Not to mention that Sac is developing the railyards, one of the largest urban development projects in the country.