View Single Post
Old Posted May 6, 2022, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I'd love if there was a concerted focus on densifying the downtown stretch of Broadway. Biking along Assiniboine the other day, it was marvelous to see how busy it was (pedestrian and cycling-wise) and it's generally been a hands-off kind of neighbourhood in terms of how it has evolved into what it is today. A few big holes need to be filled and it could really bolster the southern end of downtown.
Completely agree, south of Broadway feels much more manageable than all of downtown. As it is, the surface parking south of Broadway and in between Kennedy and Donald is much less intrusive than in the downtown proper. I'd love to see the giant on Kennedy be developed - those western views of the Legislative grounds would be amazing. Secondly, the lot at Edmonton and Broadway would be great to fill in.

What I find interesting about this part of downtown, even along Broadway, is how few opportunities for storefronts there are in the immediate area. Its a pretty dense part of Winnipeg but pretty lacking in storefronts and amenities.